Sunday, August 26, 2007

I've been a busy bee today!

I cleaned out the freezer and all the freezer burnt foods, then organized the pantry and even organized my baby girls snack cabinet, LOL. Best of all, I filled another walmart bag full of food to donate...for a grand total of THREE bags of food that will go to a needy family. It feels so nice to give.

Also, I found a few old peanut butters and nutella containers plus 1 glass container of old alfredo sauce that was outdated and instead of tossing them I scrubbed and cleaned each one (except 2 because i got tired) WOOOHOOO, new drinking cups!

















BEFORE (on top) & AFTER (bottom pic)

And....the othe
r day, I cleaned out 2 old candles that were long gone~saved the wax (to make candles with) and the containers. (pics below)













Now I'm tired....its about 4pm meaning I have 2 hours to rest until time to cook dinner.

After-thoughts: I felt so guilty seeing all the name brand foods that had just been sitting around, I can't believe all the money we wasted... (bows head in shame) But you learn from your mistakes and you grow. The past month and weeks living thrifty have taught me so much & honestly, I can't see myself going back to the life-style of wasting money and food. I've learned to appreciate what I have and in that, have found peace.


2 comments:

Jenni said...

Good for you! It is amazing the satisfation you get when you reuse something rather than just toss it out.

Mrs.Frugal said...

yes it is :-) thanks!!